In 1850 the corner was owned by John Barton. The corner was in a prime location; it was the intersection between the Benicia-to-Suisun City Stagecoach route and the main road running between Suisun City and Berryessa Valley. Christley Manka, seeing the opportunity that the corner possessed, bought an interest in the corner from Barton in 1855. Because of its prominent location, the corner became a thriving crossroads for Barton and Manka’s business.
In 1859 Manka bought out Barton’s stake in the business, cementing the name as Mankas Corner. Over the 161 years that have followed, Mankas Corner has been utilized by the community and has become the well-known gathering spot that we know it as today.
In June of 2020, Kyle and Jason Barraza, have turned one of Mankas Corner’s locations into Mankas Grill. Mankas Grill offers new and sensational twists on culinary staples that we are excited to share with the community.
Come down to Mankas Grill and hang out where locals have come together for more than 160 years! While you are here, check out what is on tap or on the grill!
Make a reservation for this weekend!